The Barristers Board of Governors (BOG) consists of successful and kind-hearted Barristers whose noble objective is to espouse and implement the betterment of our legal community and the community at large. We meet every second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA). As a Barrister (i.e., younger attorney), you are welcome to attend the open part of the BOG meeting.
Invitation to BOG Meetings
We would love for you, as a diligent young lawyer, to intelligently appreciate what you are missing to further thrive personally and professionally. At the BOG meetings, we will embrace you as an honored guest and help you become acquainted with a few of our 20+ sections and committees which the Barristers run. Topics of discussion include:
- Learning how to Manage a Potential Client while Helping the Community: Become involved in our Roxbury Park Legal Clinic. Barristers meet every first Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. – noon to provide free general legal services to the community at large. Thanks to our invaluable President-Elect Wil S. Wenzel, and amiable Danielle Grabois, the Roxbury Clinic served at least 16 people with several lawyer volunteers, during January of 2015.
- Feeding the Homeless: Join our SaMoShel Committee. Our selfless Barristers, under tutelage of our own chef extraordinaire LeRoy Williams and selfless past president Jeanine Percival Wright, meet every second Saturday of the month at Santa Monica Shelter from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. to cook delicious food and feed at least 60 homeless people. This is a sampling of our January 2015 menu:
Mama’s Herb Roasted Chicken
Uncle Lee’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Grandma’s String Bean Casserole
Cousin Tommy’s Tasty Salad
Aunt Millie’s Peach Crisp
- Attending “Power Lunch” Series: You should seriously consider these revived series in which Barristers get a chance for a candid discussion with a “Power” lawyer in an informal setting to receive honest and practical answers for further professional career advancement. These series are organized by our very own superb Co-Chairs, Brian Schaller and Yan Goldshteyn, our Treasurer.
- Having Fun, Food and Wine with our Vintage Bouquet Committee: Contemplate becoming involved with our Vintage Bouquet, run by our own able and affable Co-Chairs, Danielle Grabois and Nadira Imam.
- Being a Mentee of and a Mentor to a Younger Lawyer: You may apply online at http://www.bhba.org/mentorship. Special thanks to our formidable past President, Autumn Ronda and invaluable Zev Shechtman, as Co-Chairs of the Mentorship Committee.
This list is just a small fraction of what our dedicated Barristers accomplish. Indeed, for instance, under the praiseworthy chairmanship of Autumn Ronda and Rachel Balchum, we had a very successful Grant-a-Wish drive in which we collectively fulfilled holiday wishes of thirty-nine boys ages 11-18.
If you would like to be part of our fun, fulfilling and educational committees, you should step forward and become involved. Hope to see you soon.
Doron F. Eghbali is a Senior Partner at Law Advocate Group, LLP in Beverly Hills and practices Business, Real Estate and Entertainment law. Contact him at DoronEghbali@LawAdvocateGroup.com, or 310 651 3065.